Plus Size LBD from Dorothy Perkins Curve

DP Curve have got more than few things right in their collection and this astoundingly beautiful, demure, & sophisticated party dress is just one of them!


Despite popular belief, and the majority of my wardrobe, not every party dress needs to be beyond sexy.  Occasionally, its nice to put the vixen aside and channel a little bit of Kate Middleton - and that is exactly what this dress does!

The ladylike skirt sits just below the knee and the rounded neckline is PG and Grandma friendly.  The capped sleeves cover the shoulders and upper arms and the back is as covered as the front - something that is rare these days!

Yet the dress is far from boring ...


The illusion scalloped-lace neckline and nude lined bust add a little sensuality and the pleats of the skirt makes the material swish and sway as you walk and the nude lining shimmers through the mesh.  The scallop edge of the sleeves is a beautiful little detail and the seam between skirt and top creates a cinched waist. 

Can you tell I like this dress?


I paired the dress with pointed gold shoes for a real vintage feel - I also feel the gold picked out the shimmer of the dresses lining.  

I also matched an old gold & cream clutch bag to really create that polished look that I feel this dress deserves. 


My family tend to dress up at Christmas, and I definitely think this dress will be worn at least one of the three family meals this year - having a husband and divorced parents means we get multiple Christmas', silver linings! 

It's also a dress that will see me through the new year and has a timeless elegance that means I can pull it out the closet for years to come. 


I'm wearing a size 18 and it fits me rather perfectly.  I should say that I hover between a 16 and 18 so this perhaps comes up just a tiny bit small as I really couldn't size down without the shoulders and bust being far too small! 

The dress is priced at £45 but I managed to pick it up when Dorothy Perkins was offering 25% so it only cost me £33.75.  DP often have this sort of offer so do keep an eye out for one. 


Outfit Details:






Oh, and the dress also comes in navy which is lush!!!

post signature

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER