Wide Leg Pants

I'm in love with high-waisted, wide-leg pants: there is something very elegant about them.  They make me think of the incredibly modern women of the early twentieth century who were the first to stroll about in mens trousers and, quite frankly, looked better in them than the men they were made for.  

Last year I invested in a black pair for work - this year, I'm going for a deep red!


I had originally bought these ASOS Tall Wide Leg Crepe Trousers as workwear - and I'm sure they will be used for that - but I thought I'd style them here for dinner at a fancy restaurant, after all Christmas is coming so sparkles are a must! 

I'm wearing these trousers in a size 16 and they fit me quite well.  They sit very high on my waist and give a real palazzo type feel across my hips and legs.   They are a little long for me so I will be turning them up before wearing them out and about.  For reference, I am 5ft10 and wearing 4inch heels in this photo so these do come up very long!




My top is very old and I had forgotten I even owned it until clearing out my wardrobe a few weeks ago.  I love the pearl embellishments and sheet netting.  I think I'll be wearing it a lot this party season. 

I'm wearing a simple black camisole beneath - I should probably invest in a navy one.  I also like the idea of wearing this top without anything but a very fancy bra beneath for added edge. 


I think there is something 70s-esque about these trousers ... I really need to get a fedora to pair with my 70s inspired outfits.  I don't think they're complete without one. 

The trousers are made from crepe which has a little bit of stretch without losing its shape.  It also means these are made of a lighter fabric than you may think from the hang of the fabric.  I think I'll probably wear tights beneath these for Christmas Markets and Bonfire night to keep me a little more snug!


My only gripe with these trousers is the pockets!  Now, I normally love pockets but these just don't sit right.  They stick out and the lining likes to peep out like a naughty schoolboy ... I'll be stitching these up so they lie a little smoother. 

The trousers retail at £38 which I feel is very reasonable for a pair of well tailored trousers.  I'm also completely scatty about the deep wine colour which would make most prices reasonable in my eyes!


Outfit Details:


Beaded Top:  Past Season ASOS



Have you tried wide-leg trousers yet? I'd love to hear how you'd style them!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, this is SUCH a look! I love that silhouette on you! The colour is to die for, and I love the sheer patterned top you paired it with! So elegant <3

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER