Holiday Five Way with Curvissa*

I have been asked to join with four other wonderful bloggers and review a piece from Curvissa's extensive holiday range as part of their five way challenge. 

Rather spoilt for choice, I spent simply ages trawling through their range and finally decided to try something that just screamed summer!


Now, when I think summer (dream summer), I think of sunset walks on a sand beach wearing a floaty maxi dress and bare feet.  And I think the Bead Trim Maxi Dress is pretty much the epitome of this rather fanciful picture of summer!

I asked for the size 18 but, in reality, should have ordered a 16 as the waist was far too big for me.  Luckily my oh so wonderful photographer is nifty with a safety pin so we were able to adjust the waist to a more a flattering fit.  


I really love the print of this dress and the embellished neckline mean it would be perfect for pool side cocktails in the Canaries (or maybe somewhere more exotic - fingers crossed).   

The polyester-elastine blend is very light weight and the double split detailing at the front makes the skirt flowing and breezy so this really would be ideal for summer holidays.  


Unfortunatly, the dress is also very short on my 5ft10 self and the skirt is more of a midi than a maxi but the splits mean this doesn't really matter.  

In terms of fit I can only give this dress a three star rating but I would like to point out that I am awkwardly sized and it is very rare that I find a dress that fits me well in standard sizing - a lot of my clothes are altered in some way after purchase to make them fit me well!

However, in terms of holiday style it's easily a five! I think it will look far better on someone with less awkward sizing to myself! The super light material and well made feel to the dress are perfect for holidays and, even better, you can screw this up at small as you like in your luggage and it will never crease!!!


Don't forget to check out what the other ladies in this Five Way chose:





post signature



6 comments:

  1. Lovely dress, I really like the print! And I'm all too familiar with maxi dresses being more like midi dresses...#tallgirlproblems :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning in this dress. I love the flowyness of it if that is a word :) I'm the opposite when it comes to maxi dresses, a lot of them are too long for my 5.6 height hehe.. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey this colour is great on you, and this is a proper poolside Beyonce-esque creation. Lovely!

    Curvesncurlsuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous and flirty. The colours are lovely on you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great on you. I don't think it would work on my 5 foot body though.Clothing challenged my whole life. lol.

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER