The Big V

It's a little less than a month away until Valentines day, which only means one thing for those paired off girls out there ... it's time to find those amazingly sexy lingerie pieces to make your man weak at the knees (because we really need an excuse to drape ourselves in lace and silk!).  



The Nell Dress Slip by Betty Blues Loungerie

Bored of the old cliche of red being the only appropriate colour to wear for the big V, I have decided to steer away from my usual scarlet this year and go rather darker - I'm thinking vintage style leather and lace with accents of the BDSM scene.  

The devastatingly sensual Nell Dress slip is exactly what I have in mind ... the moment I saw it I more than swooned (I may even have squealed with delight). However, with a price tag of £150 (and my husbands insistence that we start saving for a house) I simply can't justify the spend. 

Instead, I've sought elsewhere ... 



Britney Black Dress by Ann Summers

The Ann Summers' Britney Dress may be a little more overtly sexual that the Betty Blues number, but the sheer lace certainly gives it that vintage vibe.  It runs to a large-xlarge which puts the dress at roughly a size 18 but it does have a good amount of stretch which is great as it supports my boobs even when I don't wear a bra.  

This dress is a real bargain at only £15 which is good as it tears easily! 



Illicite Basque by Figleaves Boudoir

If you prefer more support in your lingerie, then the Illicite Basque by Figleaves Boudoir may be just for you!  The peeping mesh inserts have a real burlesque performance feel that makes me just want to shimmy about my bedroom in impossibly high heels whilst Louis Armstrong serenades me from the corner. 

I cannot promise to the sizing of this, I have often found Figleave's own range smaller than advertised, and the back only goes to a measly 36 which rules most of us out.  It does, however, go to a generous G cup which is unusual for their Erotique range.   

I promise to let you know more on the sizing if I can convince my darling husband to buy me this.  The basque is priced at £65 with the briefs costing an extra £26. 



Gorgeous DD+ Black Lace Embroidered Basque from Debenhams

The sheer lace effect of the embroidered basque by Debenhams is a much more affordable and wearable alternative - and its still as luscious as affordable underwear can be! 

It runs to a 38H and is currently on sale for £33.60.  Unfortunately, there are only a few sizes left so make sure to snap this up before they sell out.   Do check out the rest of the range too ... there are some very beautiful pieces in there. 

What lingerie are you eyeing for this V day? 


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love lingerie, and my boyfriend too ^^ but a bit hard to find sexy lingerie, in plus sizes and not so expensive that it ends up costing more than normal clothes.

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER