Oh, what a night ... dancing, cocktails, and a flirtatious little outfit ...

Everyone loves a girl's night ... and with only one day left at work (small leap of joy), many of you will be making plans for the weekend and I hope those plans involve cocktails, high heels, and a splash of lipstick.

Unfortunately, mine don't!  Mine will consist of wellies, wax jackets, and a brood of manic spaniels trashing my house.  Luckily, my need for glamour was satisfied last weekend which was spent wandering the hall's of Oxford's Vintage Fair before dinner, cocktails, and dancing with the girls.

Playing with accessories at the Lou Lou's Vintage Fair - Oxford


The day was wondrous, but the week before was spent with yours truly being entirely pre-occupied with the age-old complaint - 'I don't have anything to wear!' 

As much as I love my curves, they do make finding cute, playful, mildly sexy outfits rather difficult.  It's easy for me to slip across the border to trashy so I have to be careful when it comes to low cut tops or cut-out sides.  I'm also tall, so many mini skirts are more like belts on me! 

My lovely companions. 

In the end, I went with a endearing scuba skater skirt from ASOS.  The fit was great and the skirt was full enough to spin about me whilst dancing.  I paired it with a white crop top that I tucked into the high-waistband of the skirt.  The top's sleeves are long, which contrasted the plunging neckline nicely, so I paired it with stacked bangles, red nails, and redder lips.

The accessories game. 

Unfortunately, the only full photo of my little ensemble is taken when we'd already arrived at the night club so apologies for the very poor quality and you can't see the amazing sheer panel of the skirt!

From top right: ASOS Skater Skirt in Scuba with Sheer Panel; ASOS Crop Top with Long Sleeves and Deep Plunge Neckline.

I felt great in this ensemble, even though I ended up with red lipstick smudged all over the sleeves.

Now, which outfit do I wear on the next night out?

Texture Clash


Clockwise from top left: ASOS Lace Panel Sweetheart Plunge Body from ASOSRiver Island Sparkle Mini Tube Skirt from VeryWide Fit Black Cut Out Split Front Chunky Heels from New Look
Lace and beading with chunky heels for my favourite indie club.


High Luxe 


Clockwise from top left: Super Long Slinky Earrings from Accessorize; Little Mistress Plunge Neckline Pencil Dress with Lace Hem from ASOS;  JAMIE Red High Heel Sandals by Carvela from Kurt Geiger.
This boudoir worthy dress is perfect for a swanky cocktail bar.  Contrast the vivid blue with even brighter red and pair with simple, elegant jewellery. 


Vintage Vibes



Clockwise from top left: Rose Pink Monochrome Fit and Flare Dress from Dorothy PerkinsLight pink peep toe platform sandals from River IslandLipstick in Hearts Aflame from MAC;  Patent Foldover Clutch from Very.

A patterned dress and dark red lips is the perfect look for ANY night out ... just don't forget to curl your hair!


So, what will you be wearing next time you're out with the girls?

Send me your picks on Instagram (@CurvyGirlThin) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/curvygirlthin) at the weekend and I'll might just feature you in a blog post next week!

C  x

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER