For the love of a one piece ...

For the past few seasons have seen the rise and rise of the one piece, whether its Next's playful onsie pyjamas or a high-fashion jumpsuit worn by curvy girl Kristina Hendricks - we just can't get away from the one piece.

Picture taken from the Daily Mail
Cream embossed star all-in-one from Next

But, if like me you have burgeoning hips, a long torso, or shapely thighs, then you may have shied away from this latest craze - I know I have!

Yet, I have been converted!

A fortnight ago I purchased a simple black jumpsuit with a bandeau top and a wide leg - I fell in love instantly.  Not only was the waist cinched like a pin up but the trousers were long enough for me to wear my trademark stonking heels!

ASOS Bandeau Jumpsuit with Wide Leg

I think this jumpsuit is one of the most versatile things I own.  Paired with a smart blazer and heels it's great for work; come summer (as far away as that may be) it will ceaselessly chic with sandals and a oversized floppy hat.  I can even dress it up for nights out with a chunky belt, a gold chocker and flash of vixen red lipstick.

I love the jumpsuit so much that I rushed out and bought the playsuit version ...

ASOS Tall Bandeau Playsuit

I wore this to work today with opaque tights, a long white blazer and skinny belt but it's going to be great as a quick and easy cover up when I head off to Mauritius for some November sun.  


Needless to say, I'll be making the most of this jumpsuit craze - see below to get inspiration from my one piece edits!

At the office ...

Team a simple jumpsuit in a classic shape with a sharply tailored blazer and a masculine watch!


Clockwise from top left: South Mix and Match Jacket from Very; ASOS Curve Exclusive Halterneck Jumpsuit from ASOS; Rose Gold Bracelet Watch from Oasis; Inspire Gold Triple Hoop Belt from New Look


Drinking cocktails with the girls ... 

Pair lace details with killer heels and vibrant accessories worthy of the finest cocktail bar.

Clockwise from Left: Lace Top Playsuit from SimplyBe; Red Tab Front Crossbody Bag from Dorothy Perkins; Cut-Out Drop Earrings from Topshop; Red High Vamp Cut Out Platform Heels from New Look

A formal affair ...

Go bold with a statement colour in a classic shape - keep the jewellery minimal and the heels high ... 


Clockwise from Left: Definitions Jersey Jumpsuit from Very; August Woods Rose Gold Collar Necklace from Argento; Glance Shoes from Kurt Geiger.



So, will you brave the jumpsuit trend?  Go on, give it a try!

C x



4 comments:

  1. Wow, when i saw what you were writing about i was a little sceptical but i love these on you. The first one especially. Rhi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think jumpsuits have so much staying power as far as trends go because they are so effortless. I like the three sets you created to demonstrate a variety of styling possibilities are so impactful. I really like the playsuit you bought. The color is so beautiful.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon!

      Jumpsuits definitely have staying power and I'll certainly be considering another one come payday!

      The ASOS playsuit is wonderful - I'm off to Mauritius for a belated honeymoon next month and think it will be wonderful for wandering around markets on a hot evening!

      C x

      Delete
  3. I normally am dead set against jumpsuits as the ones I see just don't flatter, but you look so good in them that I'm seriously reconsidering my stance!

    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN・POWERED BY BLOGGER